I hope none of you are suffering from what I've been suffering from the past 24 hours, but just in case, I want to pass on a little recipe that a dear friend passed on to me a few years ago. Not only will it cure what ails ya, but it's delicious to boot!
1. Get out your favorite coffee or tea mug (the bigger the better).
2. Peel a clove of garlic and drop it in. (for extra potency you can put in an extra clove, slicing one of them.)
3. Quarter a lemon or lime and drop one quarter in the cup.
4. Slice two or three slices of fresh ginger and drop them in the cup.
5. Get a generous pinch of cayenne pepper and drop it into the cup.
6. Scoop or squirt about a tablespoon of honey into the cup
7. Fill the cup to the brim with freshly boiled water
8. Gently sip this wonderful elixir and feel it going to work on all of the dreadful symptoms you are experiencing.
Each of the ingredients can be varied according to taste, but please
don't leave any out. Each one has powerful health benefits.
1. Garlic - A powerful antibiotic. What's more, our bodies apparently do not develop a resistance to garlic's healing properties!
2. Lemon or Lime - Very high in vitamin C. These citrus fruits are also anti-bacterial and particularly help with throat infections!
3. Ginger - An anti-inflammatory,
which is also very helpful for gastrointestinal distress. It relaxes
the inflammation in your throat, and if you are experiencing any nausea
it helps with that as well!
4. Cayenne - Helps break up mucous
and flush it out of the body. It's also great for headaches, it's
another anti inflammatory, it's an anti allergen, it's high in vitamin
C, and it's another digestive aid!
5. Honey - A great energy and immune system builder.
Also, of course, it sweetens the mix. If you can get local honey it's
all the better. Exposure to local pollens through the honey makes you
more allergy resistant. There's not enough good stuff to say about
One other optional ingredient. My friend assured me that if your lover
makes the potion for you, the benefits are more powerful!
For an extra mega-boost, when you finish drinking the tea, chew up the garlic! Wowza!!!