Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One of my Flavorite Breakfasts

Some years ago a dear friend of mine shared a divine recipe for Kimchi Rice.  I tried it and fell totally in love (with the rice, not with her).  It's been a long time since I've seen her or the original recipe, but here is my personal rendition, at least for today.  I won't even bother to give measurements, since those are ever dependent upon the amount of kimchi and leftover rice I have on hand.

You can hardly find a more flavorful breakfast and if you are looking for satisfying food for any time of day this fills that bill too!


Begin, as with almost all good meals, by sauteing onions and garlic, this time in a mix of vegetable and sesame oils.

Add the rice and while it fries, chop a healthy amount of kimchi.  Don't be shy here.  Today I probably used something like 1.5 to 2 cups of kimchi for about 3.5 to 4 cups of rice.


When the rice is nicely fried, add the chopped kimchi and continue to cook until the kimchi begins to caramelize slightly.  Sprinkle in a little soy sauce or tamari if desired.
As you finish the rice begin frying eggs, singly or doubly depending on who you're serving.
Finally, when the eggs are properly fried, place them on top of a healthy serving of rice and sprinkle with a bit of soy sauce or tamari.
Jeulgyeo!




No comments:

Post a Comment